Best Buy or micro Center

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by cb1100xx, Aug 30, 2008.

1. cb1100xx

cb1100xx

I'm probably going to pick it up on Monday (if the 6 cell isnt out by then im biting the bullet and getting the 3 cell), so the question is where to buy it, are there any reasons I should pick one over the other? (Like how they deal with return/repairs)

cb1100xx, Aug 30, 2008
  2. cb1100xx

iatetoomuch

Hi,

I recently purchased one for my mother at Best Buy. I could have gone to Micro Center but there just aren't as many MC's as there are BB's.

Also another interesting thing I found was that at MC the extended warranty (2 years) is $100 and at BB the same warranty is $79. BB also

offers other kinds of extended warranties i.e. "accidental", 3 year etc. I live in Houston btw and we only have one MC, it may be different

where you are. Hope this helps, have a good one.

iatetoomuch, Aug 31, 2008
  3. cb1100xx

moukun

i was planning on buying mines at best buys at first but all of them were sold out. so i turned to microcenter and they were sold out instores too except online. so i just ordered one from them online because i got impatient and couldn't wait any longer. xD
    but their shipping takes about a week, which seems like a long time to me compared to other sites i ordered from.

moukun, Aug 31, 2008
  4. cb1100xx

cb1100xx

That's what I wanted to hear, I had a bad experience with Acer, basically huge pain of sending off my 22 inch monitor, waiting forever, and getting a letter back saying they fixed it, same pixel was still bright green. For $79 it might be worth it just for the convenience (i can even take the subway to a best buy)

cb1100xx, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question