Best Buy claims 2GB RAM expandability?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tecknik, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Tecknik

Tecknik

Today when I went in to Best Buy to purchase an AOA150-1570 (WinXP Home, 120GB, 3-Cell), one of their "tech" guys tried to tell me that you could upgrade it to 2GB of RAM. I tried to tell him that he was wrong, and he insisted that he knew what he was talking about. So I explained to him that the Aspire One 1570s have 512MB of RAM built-in to the main board, and a slot with a 512MB stick in it and was only upgradeable to 1.5GB. He still didn't believe me.

I was just looking at Best Buy's site at the Aspire One 1570, and the site also claims 2GB expandability.

Now, I'm almost positive that this a typo/misinformation but figured I would inquire about it here anyways.

Best Buy link:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 6425209738

Oh. They were sold out by the time I got there, so I was not able to purchase a One. :(

Tecknik, Aug 25, 2008
  2. Tecknik

Wolydarg

Having worked in computer retail before (circuit city), I can tell you that the geek squad/firedog guys will always try to push those plans, because the profit margins on installations/protection plans are incredibly high. At CC, if we generated enough sales with protection plans, we even got gift cards and such.

People on the AAOUF have tried to upgrade to 2gb and failed. Whether you want to believe a small (for now) helpful community or a faceless corporation is your choice :p

Also, how on earth did you find the link for the aspire one on bestbuy.com? I've looked through their filters and tried typing in relevant key words and never got anything

Wolydarg, Aug 25, 2008
  3. Tecknik

mesly33

I noticed that BB is also claiming this:

160GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
    Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.

Is this true? Mine only came with a 120GB drive.

mesly33, Aug 25, 2008
  4. Tecknik

Tecknik

They had it listed in their Sunday ad. When I checked the ad online, I clicked "View Full Details". It took me to that page. Before that, I tried like crazy with keyword too. :lol:
    I completely missed that.

If you click the Specifications tab, it says 120GB.

Whoever wrote the Overview page screwed up.

Tecknik, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question