Best AOA option for kitchen computer?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by sleepaholic, Jan 2, 2009.

1. sleepaholic

sleepaholic

I've have in my possession two Aspire Ones, and don't know which one to keep. They cost exactly the same. Will be primarily used as a kitchen computer, web browsing, download and store recipies, etc. Not sure if this matters, but the computer will probably be running off of AC 14hrs/day.

We will take this along with us on family vacations about twice/year.

Both computers have nearly idential specs, 1gb ram, windows xp, blue, etc...only difference is 8SSD+8Sd, vs 120GB HDD.

I've already read to death all the threads about the merits of both. I just need some outside opinions for the final desicion on which will be more suitable for my situation.

All replies are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sleepaholic, Jan 2, 2009
  2. sleepaholic

donec

I have an 8Gb SSD which came with Linpus but I changed it to Mandriva 2009 Gnome and one of my favorite uses is as a Kitchen Computer to hold my recipes and make changes as I work without taking up much space. I use mine in the Kitchen on Battery because I seldom need more than 2 hours in the kitchen and the cord gets in my way in the kitchen. Of course I could bundle the cord out of the way but the battery is easier.

donec, Jan 2, 2009
  3. sleepaholic

Camo Yoshi

I'd use the HDD version, since that means more Disk Space.

Camo Yoshi, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question