Be carefull : Speaker wire and Cpu Fan connector

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Anarethos

Anarethos

Hi everyone! First post here.

Some of you may know me (from EEEUser). I made the switch from my 701 to a AA1.
    Generally satisfied with it. I had to return the first unit since the battery led (charging, charged) was not working.

And then... I got problems with my second one.
    I made it fall from the table. It was in a CaseLogic case and I hung (? sorry, bad english) the strap with my watch, makig everything fall on the ground.

After that, I turned the AA1 on and everything seems right for...15 seconds. The AA1 automaticcaly turn-off after that. Same thing in Dos/Bios/Bootloader, etc.

From the noise, I heard that the Cpu fan was not working anymore. so I dismantled the unit and, like i thought, the cpu fan was disconnected from the motherboard. i put it back in place and everything was fine... except that I put a screw through the wire for the right speaker. By chance, I just cut a part of the ground signal and by removing the screw and moving the cable, everything was fine.

So,
    Lesson 1 : the AA1 does not like to fall on the ground. Even is in a case.
    Lesson 2 : always, always recheck wire to be sure to not screw through them.

By chance, anyone with a set of speaker+wire for sale to replace mine? If I have to send the AA1 to repair, there is chance that they will see the cut in the wire and byebye warranty....

Thanks!

Anarethos, Sep 2, 2008
  2. Anarethos

ddlooping

I'm affraid I can't help you with the speaker wire, Anarethos, but I just wanted to say hello. :)
    I've also made the switch from the 701 to the A110. ;)

I'm in the process of installing XP.
    Tomorrow I'll add 1GB of RAM then I'll experiment with EWF.
    Wish me luck. :D

ddlooping, Sep 28, 2008
  3. Anarethos

donec

You should be able to get the same gauge wire and color from Radio Shack or similar electronics store.

donec, Sep 28, 2008
  4. Anarethos

Anarethos

Anyway, had to return this AA1. The fan was not workinbg anymore after few days.
    So now, everything is fine and I won't open mine!

Anarethos, Sep 29, 2008
  5. Anarethos

ddlooping

Glad to hear it. :)

ddlooping, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question