BBC iPlayer

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Lib, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Lib

Lib

Hey all!

I want to install BBC iPlayer desktop so that I can download programs to watch when I don't have any internet connection, but it's not playing ball. I get error #2004 when I try to install via the website. Am I missing some other program that I need in order to get it to install? This is my first Linux machine so I don't really know my way around too well!

Thanks,
    Lib

Lib, Jul 10, 2009
  2. Lib

Milkysym

Hi,

I am having the same problem. From other posts on 'tinterweb I know this works can anyone help?

Milkysym

Milkysym, Jul 12, 2009
  3. Lib

Milkysym

Hi,

Think I might have it. If you install rpm-build from Add/Remove software then this seems to let the install complete. I say it works It is in the directory /opt/BBC iPlayer Desktop/bin/BBC iPlayer Desktop. However when I run it or try to download anything it does not seem to do anything but is running in the active processes (could just be I am used to the PC version ).

Milkysym.

Milkysym, Jul 12, 2009
  4. Lib

redbook

AS FAR AS I KNOW BBC IPLAYER ONLY WORKS ON LINUX MINT, SUSE 10.3 (AND HIGHER) OR UBUNTU 8.10 (AND HIGHER), IF YOU ARE USING LINPUS I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU STAND A CHANCE.

redbook, Jul 12, 2009
Ask a Question