Battery won't fully charge...

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Trusty Mutsi, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

I just got an iPod Touch, and have been syncing it with iTunes on my netbook. Sometimes I've charged the iPod with the netbook unplugged, and sometimes when it's plugged in. Lately the netbook will not fully charge. It will be plugged in all night, and stay at 98%, and the charge light never turns green. It just stays orannge.

Any idea what might be the issue? Should I use up the entire battery before charging and see if that helps? Anyone think the iPod is confusing my netbook's battery?

Thanks for any help!

Trusty Mutsi, Apr 6, 2010
  2. Trusty Mutsi

simbeb

You probably have a defective battery and I don't think your iPod has anything to do with it. 98% doesn't sound so bad if it uses them at a normal rate - I wouldn't be bothered. However if discharges too fast, buy another one and give it a healthy lifestyle has I give mine:

-Wait until it can't take it any more to charge it. i usually wait for the 10% warning before I plug it in.
    -Unplug from the socket as soon as it is fully charged. (Don't leave it to charge overnight whilst it only takes a couple hours to do)
    -Do not leave the battery on the AA1 if you are using it plugged in to the mains.

simbeb, Apr 10, 2010
Ask a Question