Battery vs AC problems with Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by JonnJack, Jun 16, 2009.

1. JonnJack

JonnJack

Acer Aspire One
    Windows XP Home
    1 gb memory
    160gb HDD

Just got done flashing to the latest BIOS (3310 and had no problems with it). This problem pre-dates the BIOS flash, previous BIOS was .3309.

Here is the problem.

If plugged into AC, boots with absolutely no problems
    If NOT plugged into AC, pressing the POWER button caused the battery light to blink, but no booting.
    Checked to make sure battery is completely seated and that the battery lock is engaged.

If I plug into the AC, start up the computer, then IMMEDIATELY remove the AC, it continues to boot just fine, have no problems in Windows either.

So the problem is, I can't boot without the AC plugged in, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the little netbook.

Any thoughts, hints, help deeply appreciated.

Besides this one little problem, the machine is fantastic, but this is almost a deal-breaker for me.

JonnJack, Jun 16, 2009
  2. JonnJack

Rich in ILM

Pretty sure your battery has a defective chip and isn't talking to the computer. Any chance you can borrow another battery to check?

Rich in ILM, Jun 17, 2009
  3. JonnJack

donec

I agree with Rich in ILM and suggest you take the AA1 back or turn it in for repair, being a 10 inch I think it should still be under warranty.

donec, Jun 17, 2009
Ask a Question