Battery status indicator

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by s_class00, Sep 1, 2008.

1. s_class00

s_class00

I just purchased a Acer Aspire One 1570 and I had it charging for almost two days and the battery indicator stays on green. With my other HP laptop, once the battery is fully charged, the LED turns off indicating that it is fully charged. Is my PC defective or is the Acer built in where the LED light indicator stays green after it is fully charged. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

s_class00, Sep 1, 2008
  2. s_class00

midgetdiablo

Your machine still thinks it's plugged in. If you're using windows, there's also an indicator in the taskbar with a plug icon instead of a battery icon. This happened to me once, but the next time I turned off my machine and used the battery, it went back to normal. I guess you can't expect everything to go completely accurate on such a cheap notebook. In fact, more expensive notebooks have even more serious problems.

midgetdiablo, Sep 1, 2008
  3. s_class00

s_class00

Thanks for your insight. Have a great night!

s_class00, Sep 1, 2008
  4. s_class00

IMSancho

The LED will be lit any time the AC adapter is plugged in, orange when it's charging and green when fully charged.

IMSancho, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question