Battery quality with XP vs linpus

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by BORIStheBLADE, Oct 14, 2008.

1. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE

Is there a huge difference in how long the AA1 will last on a full battery when using one or the other OS? My AA1 came with XP and I'm just curious.

thanks

BORIStheBLADE, Oct 14, 2008
  2. BORIStheBLADE

Brian10161

I'm curious about this as well, my AAO gets good life under XP but wondering what its like under Linux.

6 Cell, Windows XP, 160gb HDD. 5 - 6 hours or so doing normal web browsing, IM/Email.

Brian10161, Oct 15, 2008
  3. BORIStheBLADE

donec

Since very few people have both, you will have a hard time getting an answer to this thread. But if you post the operating time (on battery only) that you get while preforming certain task (until your battery is dead) along with the specs of your AA1/AA0, then ask others to do the same, you may get the answer by reading the completed thread.

donec, Oct 15, 2008
  4. BORIStheBLADE

radu

With Linpus, on the 6cell battery, I got about 6 hours of moderate usage (WiFi on).
    With Mandriva 2009, about 5:30 or so.

radu, Oct 15, 2008
  5. BORIStheBLADE

joe.pelayo

I am not sure how much would it impact (or if it would impact at all the battery life) the difference in hard drives the Acer Aspire One's are equipped with.
    My One, with Linpus Linux (8GB SSD) and normal 3 cell battery gives roughly 3 hours of battery life (no devices attached). I don't know exactly the difference it would make to have a mechanical HDD or Windows running.

Thanks.
    Joe.

joe.pelayo, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question