Battery problems 2200mhA

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by EVIEIRA, Feb 15, 2009.

1. EVIEIRA

EVIEIRA

Hi all,
    I recently bought a acer one model ZG5, win xp. So far I'm satisfied but I'm facing now problems with battery.
    Simply it's not charging at all. It deals the standard model with 2200mhA.
    After pluging it to the mains, red light shows up ( apparently battery is charging ?) but after some minutes same red light starts blinking.
    When I try to start system there's no power at all from battery. Using Acer's software utilities, system cannot recognise battery SN.

Can somebody help me, to solve this asap????
    Thanks
    EVieira

EVIEIRA, Feb 15, 2009
  2. EVIEIRA

espian8

I have the same exact problem. have tried everything imaginable, with no luck whatsoever. I am starting to think that there's nothing to do but contact acer tech support and receive a replacement.

espian8, Feb 22, 2009
  3. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

same problem here, I was just about to write a thread very similar to this one lol

mine worked fine for ages but I broke my screen at xmas and have only just gotten around to replacing it yesterday [very easy task] but I think leaving it to completely discharge for 2 months has ruined it, I'll contact Acer today...

...BeAkEr..., Feb 23, 2009
  4. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

ok i contacted acer and they told me there is a known problem and a hot fix that will guaranteed work, its a new bios update [newer than the dead aspire one bios update]

i'll post it here for all to see and also make a new thread about it if it works for me :)

...BeAkEr..., Feb 23, 2009
  5. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

whoops double post

...BeAkEr..., Feb 24, 2009
  6. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

yeah the battery works fine now

Download the file from here: http://muppet-modding.com/downloads.php ... iew&did=93 [file contains Bios 3309 and flash program for windows]

Open the rar folder and extract contents to your desktop of your Acer Aspire One.

Open the folder that is now on your desktop and double click InsydeFlash.

It will open the InsydeFlash program, click start to flash the new bios to your netbook.

[These are the latest bios 3309 given to me by Acer Support an hour ago]

Your battery will now show up as not charging for 20 minutes or so, give it time and it will charge

7. EVIEIRA

jeremysdad

I am in no way associated with this man, but I tested this, and it works. I was not having charge issues, but it does flawlessly flash your BIOS to the newest version.

I posted in your other thread, as well. Just letting people know that this is legit.

Where did you find the InsydeFLASH utility? Acer give you that, or has it been around public domain for awhile?

jeremysdad, Feb 24, 2009
  8. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

a colleague who works in acer support emailed me it, he said it is what they use to flash the bios with in the repair centre

9. EVIEIRA

Guest Guest

Guest, Feb 28, 2009
  10. EVIEIRA

...BeAkEr...

sorry that link should work now, we were optimizing the servers and temp shut down the download section

...BeAkEr..., Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question