Battery Problem after screen replacement!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by drewsmu, Mar 26, 2009.

1. drewsmu

drewsmu

Any help would be greatly appreciated I feel so overwhelmed at this point.

I will try to explain this step by step so perhaps it will be easier to troubleshoot
    Aspire One A150
    1. My screen broke. Have no idea how, but it had an internal crack. I learned that Acer charges $200 plus shipping, so I go to ebay
    2. I ordered a new screen off ebay.
    3. I installed the screen this afternoon. Unfortunately, I bent a few of the connectors on the video cable that runs from the system to the screen. The cable looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I put everything back together, plug in the battery and power on
    5. The screen works except the right 1/3 of the screen is completely black. Im assuming this is because of the bent connector.(or maybe its something software based that I could change? Or its a faulty screen? What do you guys think)
    6. I decide to take the laptop apart again and reseat the video cable in hopes that will fix the problem
    7. Put laptop back together, plug in battery, plug into wall, press power button, power button is green for 4 seconds and immediately powers off
    a. reseat the battery, try again, same thing. After it fails, the laptop wont power on for even a second unless i take the battery out and put it back in
    b. whenever I take the battery out and put it back in the orange light flashes. Then I plug in the power cord and the orange light stays solid like its charging. Then I press the power button and the laptop works for 3 or 4 seconds and powers off.

Any ideas whats going on? Its so frustrating to try and fix one problem and have another pop up. I'm overwhelmed, I hope someone can help me.

drewsmu, Mar 26, 2009
Ask a Question