Battery not charging - Overcharge Protection ?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mcapinha, Dec 14, 2008.

1. mcapinha

mcapinha

Hi guys.

About a week ago, my AAO150's battery stopped charging. I hadn't touched it in about a week, so I didn't find it unusual to have an empty battery. I plugged it in and in the next morning the battery's light was still red and Windows show the battery with 0% charge but with a "Charged" status. I tried taking out the battery, pluging it in, all sorts of things, but nothing changed.
    This morning I noticed that BIOS 3309 had come out and it supposedly fixed an issue with batteries not charging after an Overcharge Protection. With 3309 Windows now fully reports my battery and it's status is "On Line" but the battery still isn't charging!
    Anyone got any ideas about this ? With the Holiday season coming up I'm a bit reluctant in sending my unit in for service...

mcapinha, Dec 14, 2008
  2. mcapinha

Messira

I too have this issue, I have not used it for 2 weeks and now no battery. I have tried charging for 5 hours and still no battery. everytime I pull ac adapter the aspire shuts down.

Messira, Dec 21, 2008
  3. mcapinha

mcapinha

Try flashing 3309.
    After writing this topic, I left my AA1 on for a few hours (running Linux) and it eventually started to charge.
    I'm typing this right now, sitting on the sofa, with no cables attached :)

Best of luck!

mcapinha, Dec 23, 2008
Ask a Question