Battery not charging in my new Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Colorado Belle, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Colorado Belle

Colorado Belle

Iturned on my computer for the first time using AC. I assumed I'd have to charge the battery while in use.
    But it seems that the battery never charges...the battery ICD light glows orange and at times blinks. But going to 'control panel' shows an x over the battery and 0 charge. When I pull the plug , the computer turns off.

I'm nearly computer illiterate and I can't find anything in Quick Start and don't think there is any other hard copy manuel. Was ther esomething I was supposed to do before turning computer on by AC?

Thanks for your help!

Colorado Belle, Aug 31, 2009
  2. Colorado Belle

Theborgbabe

Aspire One AOA-110 and AOA-150 netbook series
    "If the battery discharges below a certain charge level, it may not be able to be recharged unless the System BIOS is flashed to revision 3309 or later.
    If the battery will not charge, please ensure that you have the latest BIOS before calling the Acer warranty support line. "

Extracted from Acer Support

To check bios version:
    1...run from mains power
    2...press power on button
    3...press F2 button
    4...system bios version.........look here! Should be 3309 or later
    5...press esc
    6...exit discarding changes
    7...press enter, system will now boot as normal
    8...If system bios is 3309 or later you might have a Dead On Arrival battery and should contact the retailer or Acer

Theborgbabe, Aug 31, 2009
  3. Colorado Belle

HappyH

Sounds like a duff battery to me, obviously under warranty so they should send you a new one, if you ask them nicely.
    Good luck,
    HH.

HappyH, Aug 31, 2009
  4. Colorado Belle

lbm323

Hey man i just bought one yesterday with the exact problem. i called customer service and after there useless answers i returned it and got one that worked. i guess we got duds.

lbm323, Sep 4, 2009
Ask a Question