Battery Not Charging Hot Fix Here!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ...BeAkEr..., Feb 24, 2009.

1. ...BeAkEr...

...BeAkEr...

Having issues with your battery not showing up in windows or charging? Heres the fix...

Download the file from here: http://muppet-modding.com/downloads.php ... iew&did=93 [file contains Bios 3309 and flash program for windows]

Open the rar folder and extract contents to your desktop of your Acer Aspire One.

Open the folder that is now on your desktop and double click InsydeFlash.

It will open the InsydeFlash program, click start to flash the new bios to your netbook.

[These are the latest bios 3309 given to me by Acer Support an hour ago]

Your battery will now show up as not charging for 20 minutes or so, give it time and it will charge

...BeAkEr..., Feb 24, 2009
  2. ...BeAkEr...

chuckcalo

Can you upload it to mediafire? Thanks.

chuckcalo, Feb 24, 2009
  3. ...BeAkEr...

chuckcalo

Can you upload it to mediafire? Thanks.

chuckcalo, Feb 24, 2009
  4. ...BeAkEr...

...BeAkEr...

is the link not working for you?

it should as I have only just uploaded it there

5. ...BeAkEr...

jeremysdad

Not sure why I subject my poor One to untested software and techniques...lol...

Apparently, you have to register to download. I think you were trying to link with your login filled in, but it didn't work if that's what you tried to do. No big deal, and I think i will check that place out, anyway. Seems to be some neat info there...

Seriously, this was awesome!!! I was just mulling over learning how to flash it with the USB method, and then this post popped up!

To everybody: This does work, is malware free, and does work. Was on BIOS 3305, now on 3309. Not sure why I felt it necessary, as I was having no real problems, but...

After the program flashes your BIOS, your One will restart, so do not be alarmed. This is a great addition to our forums...

jeremysdad, Feb 24, 2009
  6. ...BeAkEr...

Zachy

Yeah, I did this, and now my laptop is fucked, completely. The BIOS was completely wiped out, I'm guessing. The laptop is showing no signs of life. It won't charge, turn on, anything. I'm guessing my motherboard is ruined, but there may be a way to fix this. Anyone know?

Zachy, Feb 24, 2009
  7. ...BeAkEr...

...BeAkEr...

are you for real? i mean i see one post and immediately figure its another member here having a laugh, can a moderator cross check his ip address to see?

if you are for real follow this tutorial, it should get you back on track http://muppet-modding.com/showthread.php?tid=3418 [the same tutorial is on a lot of other sites out there]

8. ...BeAkEr...

ronime

ronime, Feb 24, 2009
  9. ...BeAkEr...

terrence

I just tried this fix and it works like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Guys!!! :) :D

terrence, Feb 26, 2009
  10. ...BeAkEr...

...BeAkEr...

no problemo, just pass on the info to others who need it :)

and if you ever decided that isn't enough of a reward then you can advertise my site by copying and using my sig ;)

...BeAkEr..., Feb 26, 2009
  11. ...BeAkEr...

AntiReality

I purchased an Acer Aspire One Model 150-1777 a couple months ago, have only ran it a couple times and found that the other day after not running it for a week or two the battery was completely drained. Plugging the unit into ac left me with a blinking charge light, I searched forums and stumbled upon this common problem that updating the system bios would fix. After quite some time being irritated with trying to get a usb formatted with enough space to run the bios update from acers panamerica site I decided to take a chance on the one from acer-euro with the insydeflash utility. All went well with the update, windows shut down and the aspire one shut off completely. I pressed the power button, windows booted and the machine shut itself down. Tried this twice, then went into the bios to watch and had the unit power itself down again. This time I unplugged the ac cord, removed the battery, plugged the ac back in and powered the unit with no battery. Everything was well, shut it down, unplugged the ac, installed the battery, placed it back on ac once again.

Since then ive had no shut down issue with bios 3309 upgraded from 3305. My battery is detected once more in windows and the charge percentage is actively going up on power meter. My ac power brick is nice and toasty as well, letting me know that it is charging my battery at this point.

Ive seen posts elsewhere about the shutting down issue after the bios update, figured I would post my experiences with getting the battery to charge again and the short lived 3309 update shutdown issue. Had no need to do any emergency recovery procedures to go back to an earlier firmware.

AntiReality, Apr 27, 2009
  12. ...BeAkEr...

LostAcerUser

Guys cant get this to work!!

I have still got Linux on it and does not work!!! I downloaded and tried to run it and did not!!

What am I doing wrong?

LostAcerUser, May 8, 2009
  13. ...BeAkEr...

seatzie

I'm getting an error 404 when I click the link in the OP, is this stored anywhere else? trying to fix a friends new A150 with bios 3301 and a red flashing light
    when he charges

seatzie, May 12, 2009
  14. ...BeAkEr...

Tiger66

Tiger66, May 19, 2009
  15. ...BeAkEr...

Guest Guest

I too had a problem with the computer shutting off after the flash. I also noticed the fan would speedup first, almost like the pc was overheating.... anyway I tried turning on the computer twice, then, like u went into bios and watched it shutdown. Then I unplugged ac and removed battery waited 5 minutes, put everything back in and everything was well.

Guest, Jun 26, 2009
  16. ...BeAkEr...

pjtb

Brilliant - I was getting pretty fed up with my Acer One as the battery had died (or so I thought). Following the various pieces of advice in this post and now my battery is charging properly.

Thanks to all involved - much appreciated.

pjtb, Jun 27, 2009
  17. ...BeAkEr...

brad ford

I'd just like to establish what this fix is for. My AAO has developed a problem whereby the battery does not appear to recharge when connected to a power source. The percentage battery charge indicator does not increase as it should but stays the same. Will this fix cure this problem? Can I use the program with confidence that it will work and not cause any problems?

brad ford, Jun 28, 2009
  18. ...BeAkEr...

Nurn

Wow, flashed the bios from 3305 to 3309, and it works like a charm.

Battery now recharging.

Downloaded the bios and flash utility here

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/netbook/aspire_one_150/bios/

Instructions included in a word file in a folder called 3309.

And to think that I almost bought a new battery.

Nurn, Mar 15, 2013
Ask a Question