Battery Monitoring for a 9 cell Battery

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OtfordTony, Feb 9, 2009.

1. OtfordTony

OtfordTony

I have just bought a new 9 cell battery from ultimate-netbook.co.uk. The delivery was very fast and the battery seems to be OK. The reason I says seems is that the system doesn't seem to regonise it and shows the AA1 as being on AC power even when it isn't. The Power Management doesn't give me any info on the state of the battery either.

I have already had to re-install once when the battery ran out and I don't want to risk having to do it again so I am concerned about not being able to monitor the level of charge in the 9 cell. Any thoughts on how I can do this?

Thanks

Tony

AA1 1gb RAM, 120gb Hard Disk, Linpus Lite, BIOS version 3309

OtfordTony, Feb 9, 2009
  2. OtfordTony

OtfordTony

Solved it at last. Got in touch with the battery supplier who told me to return the battery. Sent it on Friday and got a replacement back the following Tuesday!

Good thing to come out of this - installing KDE Power Management was a distinct improvement.

Battery now fully charged and almost ten hours life is predicted! I'll believe that when I see it.

Tony

:D

OtfordTony, Mar 5, 2009
  3. OtfordTony

rz3300

Well that is certainly good to hear. That is really quick too, for a replacement to be sent out. In my experience these things seem to drag out long and longer and I get all frustrated waiting for it. It is nice to see that some companies are out there doing things right though, and giving to service to customers.

rz3300, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question