Battery Meter doesn't display in taskbar HELP

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by iLLtackticks, May 31, 2009.

1. iLLtackticks

iLLtackticks

I have had my laptop for about 2 months now and I love almost everything about it. The only problem I am having is the battery meter in the taskbar is no longer there while either unplugged or plugged into power. I have my taskbar set to show inactive icons and I have the box checked to display battery meter in the taskbar. I have gone as far as unchecking the box, rebooting, then rechecking the box and rebooting but still nothing. On top of that I've tried re-seating the battery by taking it out and putting it back in and locking it down with the lock tab. When I go into the power settings it shows me how much battery life I have left but for whatever reason it will not display in my taskbar.

Last week when I was in Boston for work my battery meter decided to show back up for about an hour then it disappeared again and has never come back. Has anyone else experienced this at all? If so are there any solutions for this malfunction?

The only cause I can think of is when I first got my laptop a co-worker shut the screen thinking I had it set to hibernate and put it into my backpack. It ran in there for about 2 hours and got extremely hot. When I found it I turned off the laptop immediately; once I booted her back up she ran fine.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you! :D

iLLtackticks, May 31, 2009
  2. iLLtackticks

donec

You don't say you are using Windows but from the words you use I believe you must be so have you tried checking to see if maybe the Taskbar is just hiding the battery icon? Next to the group of icons in the taskbar is a small arrow that if you click on it it shows all the icons.

donec, May 31, 2009
  3. iLLtackticks

AspireOverdrive

Notebook hardware control works on these laptops and it can show battery meter along with charging/discharging rates.

AspireOverdrive, May 31, 2009
  4. iLLtackticks

iLLtackticks

I fixed the problem, I uninstalled McAfee virus scan and everything is 100%. Has anyone else encountered this anomaly?

Regards

iLLtackticks, Jun 29, 2009
  5. iLLtackticks

iLLtackticks

I checked that, good looking though.

iLLtackticks, Jun 29, 2009
  6. iLLtackticks

libssd

Ditch McAfee, which is a resource hog and will slow down Windows. AVG Anti-Virus carries a much lighter footprint, and is free.

By the end of 2009, Microsoft is supposed to release a new and improved virus protection package -- for free. Details available here: http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/mse_beta.asp

libssd, Jun 30, 2009
  7. iLLtackticks

Guest Guest

Guest, Sep 26, 2009
  8. iLLtackticks

rramjet

Experiencing intermittent battery icon as well on my wifes new D250. Going to say bye bye to Mcafee.

rramjet, Dec 7, 2009
Ask a Question