Battery Meter and Volume control not showing (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mcanchr, Feb 10, 2009.

1. mcanchr

mcanchr

Wondered if any one can help fix this. It was all working until after a reboot. Now the battery meter and volume bar has disappeared from bottom right toolbar. I have tried right clicking on the desktop, properties, screensaver tab, power then advanced, and have the " always show the task bar" ticked. I have since rebooted, but to no effect. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem. I use my battery meter a lot, or used to!

Thanks.

mcanchr, Feb 10, 2009
  2. mcanchr

Nemix

Is the AC Power Adapter plug into the Aspire One?

Have you uninstalled the audio driver?

For volume bar:

Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Place volume icon on taskbar - make sure it's checked

For power meter:

Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Power Options>Advanced Tab>Always show icon on the taskbar - make sure it's checked

Alternatives:

Use Launch Manager for Volume adjusting - FN+Arrow Up/Down

http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/54094/BatteryBar.html - Software for power meter

or

http://widgets.yahoo.com/upgrade/ - For both volume and power bar, Vista style Sidebar/Widgets

Nemix, Feb 11, 2009
  3. mcanchr

Anbert

Maybe you are missing batt.dll from the system32 directory. I had the same problem a while ago. My installation CD was corrupt.

Anbert, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question