Battery light flashes orange BUT the battery charges

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by wanderlust, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderlust

wanderlust

I bought a 6 cell battery from a private seller on ebay (genuine Sanyo) and it's worked fine when it comes to powering my A150, but I have no idea of how much time I have left whenever I use it as A1ctl, the standard windows battery indicator and Notebook BatteryInfo won't show the time remaining or the percentage - they all show 255% rather bizarrely. The 2 3cell Sanyo (genuine Acer) batteries I've got work perfectly with the software but only give me 1.5+ hours .

I've ran it from fully charged to letting the computer power down (about 5 hours) and then connected the AC and it's fired up and the battery seems to have taken the charge.

Is there any chance that continued use of this battery would damage my One?

I've not seen anyone with a similar problem - the flashing orange battery light always seems to mean that their battery won't charge so I'm at a loss. Would flashing the BIOS make any difference? I've got a recent BIOS (3114 I think) from when I had the Black screen of death last year. I can't send the battery back to get a replacement and am happy with getting just under 5 hours so far, but not knowing how long I have left and how much the battery is charged is really difficult.

I'm due to go travelling soon and would like to try and resolve this issue if at all possible, so any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated guys.

wanderlust, Mar 12, 2010
  2. wanderlust

wanderlust

*MOD EDIT:-

To get around the orange flashing battery light, for either a battery that is charging (in my case) or not, have a go at changing the BIOS - I swapped from 3114 to 3110 and using this link it took about a minute.
    http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...cer&SC=EMEA_27

wanderlust, Mar 17, 2010
  3. wanderlust

Swarvey Moderator

Perhaps no one else has been in the same situation as you, or perhaps no one else had any knowledge of the problem. OR perhaps other people were running later model of the BIOS.

Just because you post a question in a forum doesn't mean you'll definately get a reply or an answer.

Nevertheless, thanks for posting the solution, others may find your shared information very valuable.

Swarvey, Mar 18, 2010
  4. wanderlust

Swarvey Moderator

Of course you're not guaranteed an answer. It's a forum for people to post helpful information. In your case NO ONE had any.

Good for you, you found some help. Got an issue grab a fkn tissue. You have only got 46 odd posts under your belt so you can't say you've contributed all that much yourself. There are a great many threads to which I have inputted as much as I can, even without "first hand experience". Even though I read it, I could not think of anything to contribute to your thread.

You yourself admit to these forums having "slowed" considerably. So why be such a whiny bitch about it. You figured out the problem and posted a solution. I believe I was reasonably polite offering reasons why no one had responded to you, I even thanked you for sharing your findings. How is that condescending?

The answer is pure and simple, if you're going to be a whiny little bitch about no one responding to your post, AFTER the fact that you found a resolution yourself, then excercise your right to leave the forums.

Swarvey, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question