Battery Life on the 3 Cell vs 6 Cell

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by zebek, Aug 21, 2008.

1. zebek

zebek

Hi everyone,

considering purchasing one of these units, and thinking about the MAC OSX or XP or Ultra Lite Vista install.......and I am wondering with Wireless On what I can expect out of my battery life in both 6 cell or 3 cell versions...going to be one of the 80gb or 120gb versions......

Also, how hard realistically is the RAM/Wireless card upgrade.....I have been a PC tinkerer for year, but not much experience breaking laptops...lol

I tried searching but couln't find much other than just I did xxx, I did xxx...
    Want a real world perspective....

Thanks
    dave

zebek, Aug 21, 2008
  2. zebek

Frojd

Using vista on mine, took around 3,5GB fresh. Runs for around 2 hours, maybe less (not using a very power-conservative plan).

Installing RAM isn't too hard, with your experience it shouldn't be a problem. I've never worked inside a laptop before and the only problem I had was that I tried puching the RAM straight in, while it seems like it's supposed to go in at an angle and then be "bent" down (unlike on a stationary).

Frojd, Aug 21, 2008
  3. zebek

SbM

Check out tnkgrl's videos (Google for them). They show quite well how to take the One apart.

SbM, Aug 21, 2008
  4. zebek

anz

Sorry for a stupid question:

I have a Acer Aspire One 110L and want to buy the 6 cell battery
    ACER LC.BTP00.018
    Can be used this battery with the AAO 110L?

anz, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question