Battery Does not lock in on one side...Brand New Machine

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jfkhan, Mar 15, 2009.

1. jfkhan

jfkhan

Hi Guys,

I just received my Acer Aspire One Model # KAV10, setting it up and all was very easy and a breeze I just love this machine. BUT, I was just looking at all the features and came up with this, when I slide the battery in the socket of the notebook it locks on the side where there is the lock mechanism but on the opposite side the battery snub does not seam to lock and if I give a little minute pull on the battery it just slides off from this one end....it seams the snub does not lock into the note book casing.

My question is can this be fixed or my best bet is to send it across to ACER......What a faulty product??? I mean it is not my fault and why should I pay shipping from East coast to the west coast. I bought it from newegg.com, i paid like $349.99 and I guess it was a deal.....

Has some one else faced similar problem with their purchase.

Thanks for all your help.

JFKHAN

jfkhan, Mar 15, 2009
  2. jfkhan

Brian10161

Keep in mind that one lock is spring loaded, the other is not. You have to manually lock it in place.

Brian10161, Mar 16, 2009
  3. jfkhan

jfkhan

dummy me.......thankx brian............it locked in its place.........poooof......all the headach trying to fix this.....

thankx for the help brain appreciate it.

Jfkhan

jfkhan, Mar 16, 2009
  4. jfkhan

Brian10161

Awesome mate, glad its sorted :)

Brian10161, Mar 16, 2009
  5. jfkhan

Eosblue

I think every laptop I've ever owned was the same way. One side of the battery "clicks" in and the other has to be manually slid into the locking position.

Eosblue, Mar 18, 2009
Ask a Question