Battery = Buffering, AC=NO BUFFERING

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Guest, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope this is the correct forum. I did a search and couldn't find anything on this issue.

When I'm running my AAO XP 8SSD on wireless from my dsl Linksys router listening to a radio stream, and I'm using the ac adapter, everything plays perfectly.

But if I don't have the power adapter connected and I'm run on the onboard battery, which is fully charged, I get frequent buffering of the stream. This happens regardless of Real Player or WMP, and I'm sitting in the exact same location as when I was plugged in.

I've also noted that going from battery power to the ac adapter the screen appears much brighter. I gave the battery a solid 10+ hour charge from new 2 weeks ago, let it run down to flat then gave another full charge, but I wonder if it's power performance is comprimised somehow.

thanks in advance for any and all help.

Guest, Feb 4, 2009
  2. Guest

jackluo923

There are powersave mode and standard mode on the wifi card. Powersave = slower performance but better battery life. Standard mode= better performance

Screenbightness is adjustable.
    Lower brightness = more battery life
    Highier bightness = less battery life

jackluo923, Feb 4, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the speedy reply, jackluo923.

I thought it might have to do with one of the power settings but I wasn't sure where to start.

I don't mean to sound like I'm as thick as a whale omelette, but I did some googling and came up with this direction and was hoping it was the correct way to fix this issue:

"Go into System Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. Then go into Network Adapters, right click Atheros Wireless Network Adapter and choose Properties. In properties go to the Advanced tab, click on Power Save Mode and turn it off"

Or is there somewhere else I should look ?

thx

a/fool

Guest, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question