Base System Device

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MiniM3, Aug 8, 2008.

1. MiniM3

MiniM3

I've installed XP with no problems, installed all the necessary drivers from the Acer site, for some weird reason, I have 3 Base System Device devices that keep looking for me to install drivers for. Under Device Manager/Other Devices. Can anyone shed light on these? I can't find drivers for these. I've installed the Intel drivers.

Anyone else having this issue? Please advise.

Thank you.

Damen

MiniM3, Aug 8, 2008
  2. MiniM3

shane3107

I am pretty sure that this is the Card Reader hardware. You need to install the Card Reader driver from here if memory serves me correctly:-

http://www.expertenergygroup.com/aspire ... P/Drivers/

It's the one called:- Card Reader.zip

Once un-zipped, run the setup.exe and that should solve your problem.

I might be wrong about this, but it seems like there might be two types of Card Reader Driver going around.

shane3107, Aug 9, 2008
  3. MiniM3

Guest Guest

the two card readers are actually different. one is a standard SD card reader, the other is a multicard reader. i presume they take different drivers.

Guest, Aug 9, 2008
  4. MiniM3

gAbS

Base System Device is for the multi-card slot. I was able to install the drivers for it properly by first inserting a card on the multi-card slot (xd, sd, etc) then go to Device Manager and choose to "Update Driver" using the acer-provided card reader drivers

gAbS, Aug 9, 2008
Ask a Question