"Bad" uninstall, and now Live Update is confused. Fix?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Ahriman, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ahriman

Ahriman

I downloaded from acer.com the game 'simultrans.sh.zip', then I followed the instructions and installed it (decompressing the zip and double click on the '.sh' file and so).

After giving it a try, I decided that I don't liked the game, so I uninstalled it, but instead of using 'Live Update -> History -> Remove' to do that (as per the Acer uninstall guide directions) I outsmarted me and used the 'System -> Add/Remove Software' route instead. :oops:

As result, the game got uninstalled, yes, but when I go to 'Live Update -> History' it still appears listed here. :shock: If I select it and click on 'Remove' I got an error message (and the simutrans thing continue to be listed in Live Update History).

I suppose that the 'bad' uninstall procedure has confused Live Update to think that the game is still installed, so when LU try to 're-remove' it an error happens.

I have tried to reinstall the game (in order to do after that a 'good' uninstall to fix the things), but when double clicking on the simultrans.sh file it say that the game is 'already installed' (it is not).

How could I fix Live Update to get rid of his 'confusion'?

Ahriman, Feb 13, 2009
Ask a Question