bad repair at warranty- here some pictures....

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by arriba, Nov 3, 2008.

1. arriba

i post this on warranty topic, but i´m sure the index is a better place so people can see it. Please let me know what you thing about my experience described here:

Here i´m with my new withe one, 3 weeks now, but i can´t use it, since it´s the 3th. time i have to send it to guarranty.

First time (last friday), broken camera (i never use it, but is broken!!) - ok, they replace with a new one.
    Second time (same day), i discover they (people at guarranty) did not close the chase in the proper way. After many many hours i could someone take my one and they told me the model is "that way" that they do the best to put chase in its place but..... i´m posting here the images of what i completly sure is not "that way"

3th time, tomorrow i will take again my one to warranty to see if someone is capable to solve it. (3 times in one week)

Here´s a top right view, notice the plastic edge overflows 1 mm or more from where must be placed:
    [​IMG]

here another point of view:
    [​IMG]

and here a right view where you can see how the plastic is folded up:
    [​IMG]

I repeat THEY TOLD ME THE CHASE IS OK AND THE MODEL HAS THIS SEPARATIONS AND FOLDED PLASTIC!!!! :shock:

I see other pictures on the net and that´s not true. Here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tnkgrl/2751894604/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tnkgrl/2751069645/

This makes, for example, the pad buttons to stay lower than normaly, because the right side of the chase/keyboard is 1 or 2 mm up.

So my impression is the guy who "repair" my one, did not know how to do it.

What you think about and what can i do? Should i send an email to Acer in usa and this images telling the people here in my country that is supposed to be the only one available to open and touch acer machines in really don´t know his job?

And by the way, has anybody a picture of a withe one, same point of view, to compare?

arriba, Nov 3, 2008
  2. arriba

dattaway

This is why I never take anything back to the dealer for warranty or any kind of repair. If this had been a car, it would have returned blowing blue smoke with a trail of oil and a nice hole in the seat where the mechanic had a screwdriver in his rear pocket.

dattaway, Nov 3, 2008
  3. arriba

ok, the problem is i had to because my cam stop working 4 days after bought it!!! what i supposed to do?

arriba, Nov 3, 2008
  4. arriba

dattaway

Return for exchange or refund. Store policy where I shop at.

And if they would even suggest:

"We can send it in for warranty repair."
    "But I'm going on a trip. I'm leaving tonight, will be gone for a month and need a computer now."

dattaway, Nov 4, 2008
  5. arriba

solman

unfortunately all stores do not have the same return/exchange policy.

take a look at the downloads here (http://www.aspireoneuser.com/downloads/) and see if the service guide can help you take apart and properly reassemble the case.

solman, Nov 4, 2008
  6. arriba

AceRyan

I havent got any pictures of my one to upload, but mine is the white 160gb 6cell winXP version. As I was reading your post I looked at the right side of my AA1 and noticed that mine too sticks out in the same fashion. It is not all the way down the side, but rather seems to bow out in the middle a bit. I have not modded my AA1 in any way and it has never gone in for repairs. It came new in the box and the seal had not been tampered with. I must believe that this is the way the case is designed. I honestly never even noticed it until now. Doesnt really bother me tho. It all still seems very sturdy.

AceRyan, Nov 4, 2008
  7. arriba

rjm

Some people aren't bothered by it, other people would be driven nuts. Going by the photos, that's not how it should be, however. If it was me I'd carefully open the case up and see if there was a cable which was being pinched, or other obstruction that prevented the plastic clasps that hold the case bottom and keyboard bezel together from seating properly.

Download the service manual so you know which screws you have to take out.

rjm, Nov 4, 2008
  8. arriba

Tamrac

That's is horrendous repair job..... problem is these persons really don't care what our laptops will look like after they mess with it. If I was in your shoe, I would demand a replacement since your laptop is just days old. In comparison the place where we get our Aspire One's will replace our units right away if anything at all breaks within 6 months. I would not recommend you fixing that yourself. If anything goes wrong, you will again contend with the shitty service they did on you. Complain again, compare with another unit.... show them. Talk to the manager.

Tamrac, Nov 4, 2008
  9. arriba

same way i posted i had a bad experience, i wish to tell you guys, finally, i could success repaired my ONE. And this time, the servide was excellent. Let me share with you some tips i learned from this:

1 - If you ever have a problem with your machine, even is the worst thing could happend, when you´ll go to the warranty, put your best friendly face. Talk in a good way to tech or secretary. This will cause a good impresion, as in those works they are continiusly receiving angry people and sincerely is an insane job. So, if you are the "good" client, the most probable, they will take in care much more as if you are the "angry" one.

2 - Allways ask try to talk with some tech guy to describe exaclty what´s going wrong. This is better than just leave the machine and tell the secretary the problem. In this cases she/he only re-write the problem in a database with a number, so there´s no personal interaction with the guy who will do the repair.

3 - Even is a small thing and you have the guaranty, use it. You could use this oportunity to meet the person involved on the repair, and, hope never happend, but if you ever need again... well you will have allready experience on it, and if you followed the 1 and 2 steps, better yet!!!

4 - Always, when you are angry, think on this, IS A MACHINE, worst things could happend on life.

And that´s all, hope i never need the warranty at all any more, but just in case, i made an update for 2 years more.... now i now exactly what, where, and to who talk if happend.

Hope too, this could be usefull and positive to anybody.
    :D

arriba, Nov 4, 2008
  10. arriba

jjj

If that's the standard of warranty repair, in the UK I would:

1 Inform them you are REJECTING the product & demand a refund.
    2 If they resist, stand your ground until they get a manager out to deal with your complaint.
    3 If that fails, send a letter requesting a refund by recorded delivery & advise them you will take legal action if necessary.
    4 Follow the matter up in the small claims court.

jjj, Nov 4, 2008
Ask a Question