Bad Best Buy experience

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by winceman, Feb 5, 2009.

1. winceman

winceman

Hello all, I've been keeping as eye on this board for around a week, since I bought a AAO 8.9" 8gb ssd w/windows home. Anyway, I had a few issues with the thing locking up and was just generally unhappy with the overall speed (i know slow acer SSD). I was getting all set to do the cf to zif upgrade, but then I thought I've had this thing for a week, i'll take it back. So today I went to exchange it on my lunch break, an hour later, they could not duplicate the issue so they charged me the 15% restocking fee. All I wanted was to pay the difference and get the HHD version. So i'll never buy a computer or anything else I can get somewhere else at Best Buy again.

Sorry for venting, anyone else have issues like this? :evil:

winceman, Feb 5, 2009
  2. winceman

winceman

Update, I ended up getting the EEE 1000H, elsewhere. $50 more for a bigger screen (even though the Acers was glossy and brighter) same ram (1gb, but waaay easier to upgrade), 1000x better trackpad (also with multi-touch), 160gb way faster HDD, wireless n and a built in overclocking utility. I put Ubuntu & Windows 7 on it and it flys!! :cool:

winceman, Feb 9, 2009
Ask a Question