Backup Solution for MacBook Air ...

Discussion in 'Storage' started by GearZ, Jul 26, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ

Hello all. So, my primary "on the road" notebook is a MacBook Air. I have two drive volumes loaded (one Mac OS X, the other Windows 7), so that I can toggle back and forth between environments. I'd like to obtain a backup solution to quickly back up both volumes to an external drive.

Questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a good application to quickly roll over drive images? Paid or free, it doesn't matter.
    2. I'd like to backup both to a shared drive on my home network. If there is support for that, that is best. If not, I can buy an external drive. In that case, any recommendations on a thin, external unit? The capacity wouldn't need to be much more than 128GB.
    Thank you all. :)

GearZ, Jul 26, 2015
  2. GearZ

something back

something back, Jul 27, 2015
  3. GearZ

GearZ

Thank you for the information. I have used Acronis on a Windows box, but wasn't aware they had a Mac solution too. I will give their trial version a spin and see if it works. Thanks again.

GearZ, Jul 27, 2015
  4. GearZ

IcyBC

To my understanding, you are running both Mac and Window on one same laptop? If this is so, then I have to say "wow" as I didn't know you could do that. When I read the title I was thinking that is a backup solution for MacBook Air as I am currently use one.

IcyBC, Jul 30, 2015
  5. GearZ

something back

something back, Jul 30, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. GearZ

GearZ

Yes, I'm using Boot Camp. It is included with Mac OS X. In the past, I've used Parallels.

Thanks for the link, but I will be sticking with Windows 7 on the Windows volume. At some point, I might need to migrate to 10. So thanks for the info.

GearZ, Jul 31, 2015
Ask a Question