Avg collects Browsing, and search history, including meta data

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Sep 17, 2015.

1. something back

something back

something back, Sep 17, 2015
  2. something back

Sefie

Well, I need to give them credit for being so honest :) At least they put it out there, unlike Microsoft that was kinda shady about the keyloggers. They had to make some money somehow (the AVG guys), but I wonder if the paying users will be subjected to this as well? Also, I kinda found funny some people are angry over this... those who have something to hide might be ;) Specially the ones who like to visit naughty sites, I guess.

Sefie, Sep 18, 2015
  3. something back

IcyBC

I don't use AVG, but my friend in Canada does and will let her know! I am always an Avast user for my Window laptop but I get very annoyed with their pop-up ads, and AdBlocker can't block that either.
    Good to know!

IcyBC, Sep 18, 2015
  4. something back

Diane Lane

I think most people are aware that nothing in life is free, and that many, if not most, companies we use and sites we visit online are collecting something from us. I've used AVG in the past, and I appreciate that they're being honest about the information they collect. I'll share the story, because I'm sure some aren't aware, and regardless, I think everyone should know. I wish more companies and sites were up front about what they are collecting, and what it is being used for.

Diane Lane, Sep 18, 2015
Ask a Question