AVerMedia A310 (MiniCard DVB-T)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by marieke, May 31, 2010.

1. marieke

marieke

hi guys :) first post on acer aspire .

I have a TV tuner called AVerMedia A310 (MiniCard DVB-T) on my acer aspire 8930G :
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System (windows 7 pro) clean install
    nvidia 9700g

my question is : is it possible at all to watch t.v with my type of card ? what do i need accept of the right drivers ? what is the steps to catch a signal and how do i configure windows media center to work with my card ? or other program that can allow me too watch online TV in my region ...
    well sorry about the n00bish questions but it will be greatly appreciated if someone can help me trough this process ...i am dealing with this for few weeks and it seems there is no clear info about it ...

thx in advance

edit : admins please move this post to the right section , i made a mistake posting here .

marieke, May 31, 2010
  2. marieke

DiSK

Unfortunately this isn't a general Acer Aspire forum, so we may not know everything about your device. But I'll try to help.

It should depend on where you are, and what channels you get in your area. You will probably need an antenna if you don't have one. I should think that the Avermedia card would come with some software that would work with the channels.

DiSK, Jun 2, 2010
  3. marieke

marieke

thx for the reply disk : )

I have an antenna which i got with my computer kit . my location is Holland Amsterdam . at this point i can catch 44 channels . i can watch only 4 of them . the rest is scrambled .
    So what i get is the national channels (nederland 1 , 2 ,3 ) but i can't watch the rest of the UPC pay channels even though i pay for them . i called UPC yesterday morning and they said that the Ethernet port is disabled by default and they have no intention opening it in the next 6 months , however , there is a legal way to watch UPC on my laptop and is to get sling box . i called sling . the box cost more than 200euros . i find it a bit expensive because i pay already for this channels . anyways do you guys have any other legal solution to watch the channels i am already pay for on my p.c ?

marieke, Jun 2, 2010
Ask a Question