Automatically Tie Graphics Speed To Active Power Plan

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Vladimir, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir

Let me suppose, most users do not yet know that GMA speed can be automatically managed in Windows Vista and 7.
    I.e. you switch the system to "High Perfomance" power plan and GMA speed automatically changes to 400 MHz.
    You switch to "Power Saver" power plan and GMA goes as low as possible (166 MHz).
    An issue is, the indicated "as low as possible" value is actually the maximum factory-coded value for Aspire One.
    To be able to manually choose between factory-locked modes (200, 250, 400 MHz) you can install a free utility
    called GMABooster. Below are some screenshots, just to show how automatic GMA speed management works.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think a lot of people would wish to verify the fact that the speed actually changes. For this purpose,
    I recommend to use a tiny, free, 3rd party GPU benchmark called FillrateBenchmark. Just search the net
    for "FillrateBenchmarkV09.zip". My favorite subtest is "Quad Textures" - 5 seconds and you see the results...
    P.S. I didn't write this benchmark and would not like to promote it in any way! Use this benchmark at your own risk!

Vladimir, Jun 15, 2009
Ask a Question