Auto Scroll on the Touch Pad

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ZmyDust, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ZmyDust

ZmyDust

Hi. So this is my first post here, I have a 160GB AA1 I picked up the day after thanksgiving. Its running XP.

I love the thing save for one issue. It came preset with an option that allows me to auto scroll using the touchpad. I still can't quite figure out the mechanics of it, and most of the time it happens when I wish it wouldn't. It seems if I double or triple tap, very very fast, the cursor turns into a circle with lines in it, and I'm scrolling the window up or down.

I hate it, and like I said, very rarely does it come in handy, more often than not it scrolls me away from what I was trying to read.

Please assist, I need to disable this feature, can't find it under the touchpad mouse properites.

Thanks.

ZmyDust, Dec 18, 2008
  2. ZmyDust

kram

to use the autoscroll your need to slide your finger down the very ride side of the touch pad(for vertical scroll) or the verybottom for horizontal scroll. then the circle will appear, and you have to use a circular motion to control the speed of the scroll. I thought it was nifty too but it got on my nerves.

go to control panel>>mouse>>device settings>>settings>>virtual scrolling>>and uncheck the boxes

kram, Dec 19, 2008
  3. ZmyDust

ZmyDust

Oh thank goodness. Thanks for the quick reply.

ZmyDust, Dec 19, 2008
Ask a Question