Auto Reboot after about 20 Mins of Inactivity

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by maunakeaone, Nov 25, 2008.

1. maunakeaone

maunakeaone

I have looked on the forum and not seen anyone with this issue, as I don't think it is related to the "Sleep" question everyone has been asking, so here goes. I have an Acer Aspire One 150, installed Dual Boot XP/OS X, when running OS X all works fine have 10.5.5 installed along with PowerManagement/Battery Indicator, Dell 1390 Card, Sound, etc.... The only issue I see that remains for me is that every 20 minutes the machine tends to reboot itself without me doing anything (20 mins of inactivity). I did try and install InsomniaX on the machine but that hasn't seemed to work either. I can work continuously on the machine for hours without this issue occuring, it only happens when inactive for a period of time....has anyone else experienced this issue.....

Thanks
    David

maunakeaone, Nov 25, 2008
  2. maunakeaone

zakfontaine

Hmm... Have you checked your energy saving settings under system preferences? I think it may come configured to sleep after 20 min of activity, and because sleep isn't working it is opting to reboot. That's my only guess. Good luck

zakfontaine, Nov 25, 2008
  3. maunakeaone

maunakeaone

Thanks, I believe that setting to "Never" in Energy Saver" should work, I wasn't sure where to find the auto sleep feature. Greatly appreciated, I should be good to go now.

maunakeaone, Nov 25, 2008
Ask a Question