Audio won't install properly!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Flurl, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Flurl

Flurl

hi all,

im typing this from my brand new AAO, it came with linux and i erased it and threw XP SP3 on

Everything works good and dandy except for the sound. Windows for some reason can't identify the adapter (yellow question mark in device manager)

I know the hardware is good because it played sounds when linpus was still on there - just need to figure out how to get it working.

Ive tried both the realtek drivers EXE and directing XP manually to a folder containing all the dll's to no avail - i've even installed the universal audio something or other bus from Microsoft which was rumored to help but didn't do anything.

any advice is appreciated

cheers

Flurl, Dec 16, 2008
  2. Flurl

Flurl

found what i was looking for:

Flurl, Dec 17, 2008
  3. Flurl

info

Glad to hear that you got it working. Good job in tracking it down so quickly.

info, Dec 17, 2008
  4. Flurl

dobsy

Can you explain this step by step please-Ie, where do I get KB888111xpsp2 from to extract content etc. I'm having exactly the problem you solved so hope you can help!
    Cheers

dobsy, Jan 21, 2009
  5. Flurl

dobsy

The other option is to slipstream the KB835221 hotfixin nlite that you can get here - http://couponmeister.com/blog/HD_Audio/KB835221.exe
    You can also slipstream in the audio drivers at the same time... if you unpack them. When I get a chance, I'll put the steps I have been through to create an install disc that installs all of the Asus extensions as part of the OS install. I'll probably leave it until SP3 is gold though.

Found this somwhere on another forum after much googling-all sorted now!

dobsy, Jan 21, 2009
  6. Flurl

htarget

thanks

I was struggling with my new Windows XP install and the unknown PCI problem for two days until I found this site and your post about the ACER ASPIRE ONE.

Also thanks for posting link to file. I had sound in about two minutes.

htarget

htarget, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question