Audio/Video Stutters - Windows Login sound choppy

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Aceanuu, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Aceanuu

Aceanuu

I've only had it for like 14 hours now... but its only the third or fourth bootup... and already I[ve noticed some horrible error. At first I thought youtube was just giving my crap for fullscreening video since it would skip occasionally and audio would chop up every twenty seconds or so... but non fullscreening didn't help... and I then tried to play an MP3 with wmp... and no luck there... still stuttering. The thing is tho, just a few hours before (the laptop had been off for quite a few hours between uses) the same MP3 had worked flawlessly... no stuttering or anything. I figured I'd try a restart... and nope, the audio of successfully logging in even stutters! What's going on? All my audio and video is reallly realllly stuttery. Is it just overheating? Its not that hot all things considereed... I just dont know whats going on...

Aceanuu, Dec 3, 2008
  2. Aceanuu

Aceanuu

Btw its the black 160gb version. The bootup time is considerably longer and everything run slow as glue...

Aceanuu, Dec 3, 2008
  3. Aceanuu

gorio

I had the same problem, only it happended AFTER I installed the massive barrage of Microsoft updates. I saved all of my data in a seperate location an use the ACER recovery tool to do a fresh install, copied my files back...and viola! It worked, the choppiness is gone and it boots in about 15 seconds now. I re-ran all of the suggested updates, but I only instaled the critical one as a group...rebooted to make sure the choppiness didn't return and then I installed the optional update one at a time. Several rebots later...all is well.

I will let you know if it comes back.

Greg

gorio, Dec 5, 2008
  4. Aceanuu

calvin100k

Same here, only thing you can do is a system restore

calvin100k, Dec 5, 2008
Ask a Question