Audio & Video Stuttering during playback

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackdashack, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

Thanks so much for your help. I am aware of the Settings in Control Panel but they are so benign. Only allowing things like monitor and hard disks shutdown time. I am spoiled by my Toshibas that allow settings for screen brightness, cooling performance and CPU usage. Now I am going to attempt to take advantage of having your attention. The above is not critical but I have a bigger problem. The Aspire has started ssttttutuutttering on sound and video files. So much so that it sounds like people have a Southern drawl. Not bad for people but bad for the Aspire. Do you have any idea what this more critical issue might be. It really makes using sound and video unpleasant. It's almost like it "clicking" to access it multiple repeated times until it sttuuttterers. Then regains, and stutters again. I appreciate your attention greatly. jack

jackdashack, Apr 28, 2010
  2. jackdashack

Swarvey Moderator

Re: Power Settings on Aspire

I haven't gotten around to setting up the VM to look thru XP yet for the power settings ( a friend installed a game on my Win7 x64 Quad core, f**king "Starforce" anti piracy bullsh*t crashed my system out and I had to do a restore ).

As for the audio-video issue, I'd suggest making sure all your drivers are up to date and run a defrag on your hard drive. If you have an SSD I'm not sure if a defrag will help.

I'll also split these posts away from your initial thread to keep clutter to a minimum.

Swarvey, Apr 30, 2010
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack

Gosh so sorry about all that! This model does have a HD so I can try your suggestions. And maybe you need to get different friends. LOL Kidding of course. jack

jackdashack, Apr 30, 2010
  4. jackdashack

Swarvey Moderator

Again, no biggie. And yeah, him and his blasted rootkit enabled games LOLs

Swarvey, Apr 30, 2010
  5. jackdashack

jackdashack

Swarvey,

I just wanted to get back to you about an exciting solution to my Aspire's stuterring problem. I was getting darned mad about it and Googled it one more time one more way. I found the answer that fixed it. The page says that often the problem comes from repreated Standby's and Hibernations where the pc seems to think there is a problem with the hard drive. Well ... you read it for the facts. It did work immediately. It is pretty well written except where it says to go into the Registry. When it tells you to "click in the box" it isn't clear or doesn't say Click on MODIFY first. Then remove the present entry and replace with his modification. Well, again you'll see. But it is a solution and it may have happened to others that may want to see the answer to this. Thanks so much! jack
    http://blog.ryankopf.com/2009/02/acer-aspire-one-running-slow-no-more.html

jackdashack, May 13, 2010
  6. jackdashack

Philip*Wong

Thanks for posting this solution to resolve this annoying problem.

This problem happens to my netbook without any warning that my system configuration has been modified with out my knowledge!!! Oringinally I though I have encountered problem with the onboard soundcard or my harddrive is giving up on me.

Run check disk, defrag on hard disk but the problem remains. Order a USB soundcard(which has not arrives yet) thinking that it is a soundcard problem. Lucky the USB soundcard is under $20 so not much damage done.

You have save me from giving up on my netbook. I travel with my netbook all the time and it has been a good travel companion for me for the last two years. The small foot print of the netbook fit just right on plane seat tray.

Philip

Philip*Wong, Jan 18, 2011
Ask a Question