audio/microphone problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by burti, Aug 10, 2008.

1. burti

burti

Hi,
    My one's internal microphone is not working. After I record videos using the webcam there's no sound at the playback. But also when I try an external mic there is the same problem. I tried all the buttons in the audio section but nothing happened.
    Is there anyone who could help me?

P.S. A friend brought my one from Indonesia and it is AOA 110- Aw, 8GB SSD, Linux and with 1GB ram. Is it possible to have 1GB ram or the did retailer do something nice for me? ;)

burti, Aug 10, 2008
  2. burti

Sid

The One can have 512mb, 1Gb or 1.5Gb of ram.
    Dealer supplied One's usually have 512mb or 1Gb.

Check the settings in audio, mic boost needed to be increased when I first installed Skype.

Sid, Aug 10, 2008
  3. burti

madwoolything

I'm having exactly the same issue not being able to get either the internal or external microphone working. I've also played with all the settings in Linpus Linux with no success.

I've found lots of discussion on how to fix the sound by upgrading ALSA but these all see to refer to Ubuntu installations and don't appear to work as a fix for the original operating system. Has anyone managed to get microphones working?

I think it is not good that acer ship a new PC with such a fault ...... new users to Linux will not be impressed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

madwoolything, Aug 24, 2008
  4. burti

nternalk

The microphone doesn't work with the webcam program but if you try it with the messenger program it works fine. It's probably a software problem with webcam. :)

nternalk, Aug 24, 2008
  5. burti

madwoolything

Thanks for your help ...... the messenger program does indeed work with the webcam although yesterday I could not seem to get the microphone working ...... the only difference is that I've installed Skype and have that working very nicely.

From my brief tests (only had the machine 2 days) Skype seems to work better with the webcam that the messenger program.

Hope this is helpful to others.

madwoolything, Aug 25, 2008
  6. burti

steppiemum

Re: Skype and audio/microphone problem

I've just downloaded Skype and the mike/audio is not working. The test does not recognize my voice. I have the One with Linux. Because the Messenger is not working now (some issues between MSN and Linux), I had to try Skype. Please help me figure out how to fix the audio so it will work please!

Thanks,
    Chris

steppiemum, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question