Audio Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by p_creed502, Jul 23, 2018.

1. p_creed502

p_creed502

I upgraded my Lenovo E540 from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. My speakers were working beforehand and after the upgrade, I got a "No Audio Output Device is installed" on my sound icon in the toolbar. I went to the device manager to try and update my driver but there was no option for "Sound, video and game controllers". I tried to Add Legacy Hardware but none of those drivers worked. I downloaded the latest Conexant CX20751 SmartAudio HD driver from Lenovo but during installation, it gave me an error saying that it couldn't find the device for this driver. I tried doing all the Lenovo System Updates and Windows Updates, and I tried reinstalling Windows and none of that worked. Also, my 3.5mm headphone jack won't work either.

I'd love some assistance with trying to figure out what happened during this upgrade that screwed up my laptop and how to fix it. I'm up to try anything.

p_creed502, Jul 23, 2018
  2. p_creed502

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Give this program a try it seems to find most if not all drivers needed.

Driver booster:
    and snaildriver:

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

https://snailsuite.com/

something back, Jul 23, 2018
  3. p_creed502

p_creed502

SnailDriver did the trick! For some reason the last time I ran DriverBooster nothing changed. Thanks a lot

p_creed502, Jul 23, 2018
Ask a Question