Atom 1.3g/ 11.6" versus Atom 1.6g/ 10" vers..?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by wrh61, Aug 29, 2009.

1. wrh61

wrh61

Well I might be on my 3rd Aspire One ...

Tried the 10" unit with the N270/ 1.6gh and was impressed ...But...

Saw the 11.6 unit with the 1.3 gh processor and got it....

I am disappointed with the 1.3gh unit but like the screen. This thing is noticeably slower even with 2 gig RAM I installed.

I am considering getting the 11.6" with the Core Solo processor ( Aspire 1410 model) to try and have the best of both worlds..

Anybody got some advise here ...I have no benchmarks for the 1410 model versus the 1.3 gh Atom versus the 10"/ 1.6, and wonder if the extra $100 is worth it.
    I also know the dual cores are coming , but frankly don't like changing machines that much...

wrh61, Aug 29, 2009
  2. wrh61

calvert317

I'm seconding your question in hopes someone will reply. Has anyone here given the 1410 a test drive? Thanks

calvert317, Sep 2, 2009
  3. wrh61

wrh61

Yep doing one now ...and I wish I had my 10" 1.6 back

wrh61, Oct 20, 2009
  4. wrh61

shawnspawn

The 1410 is a nice little machine. Mine has 3gig of ram and is way better machine than my ZG5 8.9 inch. (yep I have two) Anyways it runs great even with windows vista, but atleast my windows 7 in coming in the mail. HDMI port is a huge upgrade too. I highly recommend the 1410, in Canada it is kinda hard to find though. Best Buy had it for $449 now they dont seem to carry it?

shawnspawn, Nov 3, 2009
  5. wrh61

wrh61

I've had the 1410 awhile and it's OK ...I don't like the "chicklet" keyboard,.

I can't tell after fiddling with Vista awhile much of a performance boost with the Core 2 Solo. I am about to put WIn 7 on it so we'll see.

FYI:
    Got it back after 2 times at Acer repair. First and only issue : #6 key was sticking and about 1/16 " lower than the other keys...Sent it in for it , and what did they do ,Replace the Harddrive....ugggggggg...Sent it back the second time and they got it right...

I've been thinking about sending it back to Amazon and getting a 12" Lenovo, or similar. I'm a touch typist and this keyboard really is hard to get use to ... no feedback, along with having alot of flex...

Another gripe while I'm at it...the Acer site seems to be lacking, and my WIn 7 upgrade hasn't shown up yet....drat...

wrh61, Nov 3, 2009
  6. wrh61

shawnspawn

Got Windows 7 upgrade in the mail. Why in DVD format... grrr. Once I get my DVDrom setup in my external case I will report back.

shawnspawn, Nov 13, 2009
  7. wrh61

wrh61

I went ahead and got Win7 through my old school (about 30 bucks).

Have been running it an Vista as a standby. Although it appears to not peg the CPU as much , it still does it.

I've reconciled myself to dealing with the limitations.

Another comment on Acer : emailed them about loosing my Win7 upgrade info to check delivery; also inquired about changing the keyboard out to a 'non-chicklet' version...

Still no word... :roll: :!:

wrh61, Nov 13, 2009
Ask a Question