Atheros 5005G wireless adapter not associated??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bobofeta, Apr 25, 2011.

1. bobofeta

bobofeta

I have recently updated my Acer Aspire 5040 to Vista business (32bit), I have done all the Microsoft updates, including Service pack 2. Now my Atheros 5005G wireless adapter no longer works. (Yes I have made sure I have the latest drivers) I have done the following to fix the issue.
    1) Contact Atheros Corporation – they told me to contact Acer as they only make the chip and not the software (driver ) for the chipset
    2) Contacted Acer- They indicated that it is out of warranty and won’t help without more money.
    3) Uninstalled and re-installed XP, (it did not work)
    4) Uninstall and re-install Vista (still does not work)
    Windows device manager says the hardware is installed and working properly but the CCX diagnostics says.
    The results of the CCX test is below:
    Driver installation test This test is to check the radio driver installation. The radio's registry keys are OK. Nic name. . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter Driver name . . . . . . . : ATHR Driver path . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\athr.sys Driver version. . . . . . : 7.7.0.384
    Active Profile Name . . : Not Found The radio driver has been installed.
    Card insertion test This test is to check the card insertion. The card has been inserted.
    Card enable test This test is to check if the radio/driver is enabled. The radio has been enabled.
    Association test This test is to check your client adapter's association to an access point. Link Status . . . . . . . : Not Associated Your client adapter is not associated to an access point. Configure the radio card and set SSID and other properties.
    Authentication test This test is to check authentication. Authentication test bypassed, because authentication is not in use.
    Network test This test is to check your network settings. Your IP address: 0.0.0.0. You have not configured your computer to use the client adapter. Use the Network icon in the System Preferences application to set the network configuration for your client adapter.
    and Yes I have tried to turn on the wireless button on the front of the computer, Is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

bobofeta, Apr 25, 2011
Ask a Question