Asus Zenbook

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Helen, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Helen

Helen

Hi, I just wondered if someone could help me. My Asus Zenbook is locked. I have Windows 10 and can’t get further than the sign-in page. I use a PIN instead of a password and am convinced I didn’t use the wrong one - several times. Anyway it’s now locked. Microsoft have told me that the only solution is to reformat the laptop but I’ll lose a lot of work not yet safeguarded. I’ve seen various solutions suggested on the internet, such as the iSunshare. I tried this using a USB key, It loaded okay onto the key but didn’t work once I went to start the computer. I also tried pressing the F2 button while starting the computer. This got me onto the BIOS page okay but I could go no further as neither the mouse nor the left-right/up-down arrows on the keyboard worked. They’re frozen too. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Helen, Dec 3, 2017
  2. Helen

something back

This suggestion may seem a little different,but you should know at the end of the
    process if your data can be recovered (but not your windows system)

It's worth downloading a copy of (any) linux version, and running it from a usb flash drive
    you will be able to then see if your data is still available on your disk drive.

If your data is still accessible, you may need to purchase a new hard drive for your laptop
    take out the old drive then put the new drive in then reinstall windows in the new drive.

Now with your old drive You may have to purchase a external 2.5” sata to usb cable from
    ebay then connect your old drive, and copy over your data to your laptop that you
    had reconfigured windows to.

something back, Dec 4, 2017
Ask a Question