Asus X75V slow

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Doug Dinger, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Doug Dinger

Doug Dinger

I have an Asus x75V with the following specs

1tb hard drive brand new with fresh install
    6gb ddr3
    nvidia geforce 610M 1gb
    intel core i5 2,5ghz

The temps are all around 40 degrees celcius. I installed software to adjust the fan to run at 100% all the time, and thems are still the same, but the laptop is faster.

Not sure what to do.

I had the same issue with my Dell xps l502x that I replaced with this laptop.
    Those specs where
    1tb hard drive
    intel core i5 2.3ghz
    6gb ddr3

Doug Dinger, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Doug Dinger

djtech

Hi Doug,

I'll try to help :) You say you had the same issue with Dell too? Can you please tell me where do you usually use your laptop? As in the environment? Also, what do you do with your laptop? Which heavy softwares do you use? Do you have an antivirus?

Please answer all of these questions so that I may be able to help you.

djtech, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Doug Dinger

Doug Dinger

I live in an apartment. The Dell xps ran fast for years at this apartment, and all the sudden slowed down.

I run 3 web browsers with lots of tabs for different sites I visit a lot. Like facebook, e-mail, different facebook groups for trading stocks, 3 different MT4 trading softwares for stocks, etc. I don't game, but wanted fast laptops for stocks.

I don't use antivirus software, cause I don't do anything really to put viruses on my computer.

Doug Dinger, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Doug Dinger

djtech

Okay. Well there's the source of the problem then. Certain browsers are heavy as it is, so when you open multiple tabs you tax your system. For example, after about 10 tabs on Chrome, any average system starts overheating. This is not a new problem. Check out this link http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2582165/google-chrome-overheating-laptop-cpu.html for more info.

The solution is quite simple - use a lighter browser. I trade and do all the other things too, with multiple tabs that refresh themselves, and at least a couple of google finance live charts running in the background on the browser too.

Use Opera or UC web browser. The second one was a mobile browser that is now avaiable for PCs. Both are fast and will work well for you.

Finally, if you do not have a problem with using an old browser, check out Flock. It's THE best browser out there for trading. But, you won't be able to update things, which is actually a positive in my opinion. It'll stay forever young. Although, you can install an intrusion detection system such as winpatrol on your laptop, so that nothing gets in or out of your laptop without your permission.

djtech, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Doug Dinger

Doug Dinger

Thanks, didn't know that.

Doug Dinger, Feb 5, 2016
Ask a Question