Asus Vivobook water spill

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ckelton, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ckelton

ckelton

A little bit of water was spilled on my Asus Vivobook, it went on the keyboard and a bit on the screen. I promptly wiped that off, and then the laptop made a "zoom" sound and immediately zapped off. I then noticed that water had trickled down the left side where the power cord was ( it was plugged in ). I turned it upside down to help it dry and was able to power it up fully this morning. However, a few hours later and it's back to not responding, and the charging lights don't come on when I plug it in. Any suggestions? Should I just wait it out a bit longer?

ckelton, Apr 7, 2021
  2. ckelton

gray1

It don't take a lot of water. Just a little water in the right place to mess they up. When you spill water on one, the best thing to do is to make sure it is unplugged and pull the battery out and let it sit several days for it to dry out. Even better is that after you got it shut down, take it apart and dry everything out with a hair drier being careful not to melt plastic. But in your case, you can wait a little longer. But my best guess is the damage has already been done.

gray1, Apr 9, 2021
Ask a Question