Aspire one ZA3 brightness reverts back

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ptraq, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ptraq

ptraq

Hi, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I already tried searching the topic but i couldn't find any regarding this problem. If it was answered in a different post, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I recently installed Windows Xp 32-it on the acer aspire one ZA3.Everything runs fine except a minor problem(more of an annoyance) with the keyboard brightness control. I would be able to adjust the brightness to whatever setting i want but after a few seconds it would revert back to the brightness that was set before. The problem is quite spontaneous but occurs frequently, sometimes the brightness would stay adjusted and not revert back, but sometimes it would just revert back no matter how many times I change it. I have tried changing the power settings and graphic driver settings but it doesn't seem to fix it. I have also tried to see if it would change if i plugged in the charger but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Once again thanks for any input or help. :mrgreen:

*edit actually plugging in the charger seems to change it to full brightness and it would stay that way half the time.

ptraq, Mar 10, 2011
  2. ptraq

Guest Guest

It sure sounds like a power setting. Did you make changes to the correct power plan?

Guest, Mar 10, 2011
  3. ptraq

ptraq

4. ptraq

Guest Guest

You are correct. My mistake. I haven't looked at the XP power app in a long time.

Guest, Mar 10, 2011
Ask a Question