Aspire One (XP) now available at Staples

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by TheTussin, Oct 26, 2008.

1. TheTussin

TheTussin

You can get the One with 160 HDD, 1GB, and XP at a local Staples store near you (hopefully). Oh, and they're blue. They are $349 so not overpriced. Oh, and buy a TSP if you want good coverage for it. We don't work on commission at all, but it makes the store look better. And they aren't 'extended warranties' they DO actually give good, honest, coverage. But anyways, just letting you guys know.

TheTussin, Oct 26, 2008
  2. TheTussin

scottro

Not in NYC yet, apparently. That's a good price, about $60 below the others. (I haven't physically checked the store on 42 & 6th, but it's not showing on the website.

By the way, Staples has a thing on near their entrance about how their customer service reps are trained. I find it to be pretty much true--I've always gotten good service from them. Once, I was checking laptops--I told the salesman that I didn't know if that laptop's particular wireless card was good with Linux or not, so he very kindly connected the machine to the Internet and let me look.

From that and other experiences with Staples, I believe you that they do give honest coverage.

scottro, Oct 26, 2008
  3. TheTussin

TheTussin

Yeah, and I work there. I'm an "Easy Tech Associate" aka electronics guy. We very rarely have any customers we can't satisfy. We're trained very much to be super customer service people.

TheTussin, Oct 26, 2008
  4. TheTussin

Oberkanone

AOA150-1570 is the model at Staples.

120 GB HD, not 160 GB.

3 Cell Battery, not 6 Cell.

$349 is MSRP, so no savings.

"Electronics Guy".....well you are trying to be helpful.

Oberkanone, Oct 31, 2008
Ask a Question