Aspire One or Toshiba NB-100 12A

Discussion in 'Windows' started by leeba007, Nov 23, 2008.

1. leeba007

leeba007

Hello,

Need some help on deciding which device to get. I am looking at both the Toshiba NB100 12A and Aspire One (WinXP 120Gb HDD version) and am looking for the forums opinion on the performance of the Acer and the overall desktop experience (WinXP). I will be looking to install various XP apps onto the device i.e MS Office 2003 and also virtual CD software to mount CD/DVD images to run.

One other point is if anyone has blown the existing XP installation and reinstalled with WinXP Pro (will be slipstreaming the SP3 into the build).

Thanks for your help.

leeba007, Nov 23, 2008
  2. leeba007

vickid

I am pretty sure you have decided on which one by now and Hopefully you made the right choice...........THE ONE!

vickid, Jan 5, 2009
  3. leeba007

leeba007

yes, i got "The One" for xmas and I love it. I find the performance exceptional for the compact size and this is a great bit of kit. Funny thing is that I am using this more than my main laptop (17" widescreen compaq) and find that going back to that is a clunker for working on.

leeba007, Jan 6, 2009
  4. leeba007

info

LOL! I had a similar experience. Lately, after extensive configuration of the AAO, I have gotten back to my 17" laptop (which is also a joy after all). We can have the best of both worlds. :D

info, Jan 6, 2009
  5. leeba007

leeba007

True, I will always have a use for my 17" laptop. But having the AAO has my first real netbook/sub notebook type device for most of my day to day use, it is an amazing bit of kit. The main issue that I thought I might have would be with getting used to the keyboard size, but this is very comfortable to use and type with. I also find that I can type slightly faster on the AAO than on my full size keyboard.

leeba007, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question