Aspire One modding and warrenty...

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Kimixii, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Kimixii

Kimixii

Hey guys, how good is the Aspire ones warrenty? Like is modding this nettop worth it? I was looking at bumping the memory to 1.5 gigs.

I know that when I actually use this PC it will be better than I expect. Everything is. When I took it out of the case at Walmart it seemed veryy sturdy and very nicely built.

ALSO, does the Aspire one come with the X3100 chip from Intel for the integrated graphics, or is it the 950? Its says x3100 i believe on acers site...

ALSO, is it possible to overclock the 1.6 atom to 1.8, like over the BIOS or with a program in windows?

Thanks!
    Richard

Kimixii, Oct 19, 2008
  2. Kimixii

donec

Acer support told me that changing the / upgrading the memory by adding a 1Gb chip did not void the warranty unless you broke something in the process. Really how good is any warranty?

I suspect that over clocking the AA1 would probably void the warranty since it stresses the system.

I am very impressed with the quality of my AA1 and when I think of all the modes that are being done to AA1's and they just keep working. I ask myself what other laptops could go through that and keep working?

donec, Oct 19, 2008
  3. Kimixii

Kimixii

Wow, now if you can put in a 1GB chip and still keep your warrenty, then wow, thats sweet!

I was just curious about the overclocking, prolly wont attempt it.

How good IS the warrenty that comes with this PC?

And what kind of memory are in these things? I believe I read that it was 533 DDR2? So would I be looking for just a regular laptop chip then that meets those specs??

Kimixii, Oct 19, 2008
Ask a Question