Aspire One gets hot and looses network connection

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by roddur, Oct 14, 2012.

1. roddur

roddur

hi all,

as the title says, that's my problem. after running probably 4/5 mins, at the bottom where u can find the s/n and Microsoft Win 7 product key gets hot and i loose the network connection, list of all the wireless access point.

the 'Control Panel-> Network and Internet -> Network Map' window says 'The adapter is not connected'. The wireless led is on, and i already updated the wireless adapter from acer support website, didn't help.

can anyone help me in this case?

ps: i searched the forum and couldn't find this specific issue (becomes hot) being discussed. i apologize if this is already being discussed.

roddur, Oct 14, 2012
  2. roddur

BTIZ

I have a simular problem, My AcerOne drops the wireless connection after a few minutes. It worked fine when I had WAP2 security, but it does not like WEP. I changed because the iPad did not like WAP2.

Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter in WinXP
    I've checked the Atheros drivers, currently have version 7.7.0.406 dated 9/30/2009 installed. That seems to be the newest although ver 7.6.0.244 is still listed for download on the ACER web site.

Any ideas?

BTIZ, Oct 14, 2012
Ask a Question