aspire one freezes during installation of linpus lite

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by megamoser, Feb 19, 2010.

1. megamoser

megamoser

Hello there,

after some time of not using my aspire one i wanted to reinstall the linpus system and sell the computer. so i created a bootable usb-stick with unetbootin and put on the iso file that acer provides online. when i start the netbook it recognizes the bootable stick and proceeds with the menu where i can choose between several options (live-cd, install and so on). the problem is, no matter what i choose, the computer will freeze. it will show the linpus install screen with the penguin and a progress bar but then nothing will happen (except that the forth led, the one with the lock and an 'A' in it) will start to blink.

so i tried another version of linpus lite that i could find on the internet (actually it was an image of the aspire one recovery dvd). again i created a bootable usb stick (i took a differend usb-stick this time because i thought maybe it was because of a corrupt usb-stick). the netbook again recognized the usb-stick as bootable and i saw the aspire one recovery menu but same problem as before. i tried all the options and all what happend was that i saw the acer aspire one recovery screen (again with a progress bar) but the progress froze.

does anyone of you know what this might be?

thanks in advance and best regards,
    thomas

megamoser, Feb 19, 2010
  2. megamoser

pcguy760

1. Try reformatting the memory stick with FULL FORMAT instead of quick format OR try a different brand memory stick
    2. Reset bios settings to defaults

See if that works...

pcguy760, Feb 20, 2010
  3. megamoser

RockDoctor

I've also run into the problem of an an allegedly-bootable USB stick not booting completely. A complete reformat did the trick for me too.

...and a thought - if you're selling to someone who's never used Linux, it might be better to load UNR rather than a two-year old, no-longer-supported non-mainstream Linux distro.

RockDoctor, Feb 21, 2010
Ask a Question