Aspire One EPROM reprogramming?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by zyzzle, Sep 24, 2012.

1. zyzzle

zyzzle

IAfter a BIOS flash (3310) which seemed to complete 100% in DOS with FLASHIT, I got the dreaded dimming out of the AC switch and a completely dead netbook. Can't even get it to turn on, no emergency BIOS recovery, just completely dead.

I am 100% certain it's the BIOS chip which needs to be desoldered and reprogrammed... My technical expertise is poor, so I am unable to build myself the SOIC EPROM programmer that RayeR has on his site (BTW: It's a *brilliant* hack, oh I wish I could do it! I don't even own a soldering iron!).

In a desperate hope that Megavolt can help me (or anyone): Could I send my BIOS chip in to one of you fellows for reprogramming? If I can get it desoldered from the mainboard, which I think I can do if I get access to a proper desoldering iron!

Hate to throw away my netbook over a $5 component, especially, when thanks to this forum, I've diagnosed the problem EXACTLY!
    Anyone know where I may send my chip in to be reprogrammed? I'm in Calif., USA. Can't find anyone who can do this work locally.

zyzzle, Sep 24, 2012
Ask a Question