Aspire One dead :( looking for newone with six cells and HDD

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Pascal_TTH, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Pascal_TTH

Pascal_TTH

Hi every one,

I'am very common with computer and netbook hardware but this time, it seems to be over for my Aspire One. I have already mod Thinkpad and EEE PC but today I was trying (once again) to use a Samsung 1.8" drive from a Lacie litte drive. But this drive seems to be lock. I don't know why there is a kind of hardware protection asking for a password. This drive never allow any desktop to boot when connect always ask a pass. Even HDD unlock did not change the deal.

So, I decided to reinstall my 8 Go SSD. I plug *in rush* it with connect keyboard and mouse and it works. I remove everything and start to rebuild the AA1 and screw everything. But now, I have any more boot. Fan spin, but there is any display on the screen and it hangs. I plug an external screen and it stays black. It's not better with or without the SSD : any boot

I really don't know witch part is dead. It can be mainboard, screen or even the SSD. BTW, I can't get it back to the shop because I have already mode the case to recieve the 1.8" drive. So stupid ! :roll:

But I still would like to have an AA1 with an HDD and best way with a six cells battery. The only good news now, is that I have a french keyboard and I can buy any AA1 worldwide.
    Here, I can get an AA1 SSD Linpus for 285 € or AA1 120GB Linpus for 325 €. Even if it's less pretty with bump for the HDD, it seems to be a best deal than buy the SSD one and try again to change the SSD with 1.8" HDD. The second issue is the battery. Here in Europe, the 6 cells is not aviable and price is about 90 € (so 325 € + 90 € => 415 € and I don't need a 3 cells).

It did not happened often but I can't make up my mind ! What to do : wait for 6 cells in Europe ? wait for AA1 with HDD and 6 cells in Europe ? No one knows when they will be aviable... Buy a AA1 with HDD and 6 cells where it's already aviable ? My goal is now to have a AA1 with 6 cells and HDD (direct or with a mod) for the lowest price. Any advise is welcome.

Pascal_TTH, Sep 15, 2008
  2. Pascal_TTH

SbM

SbM, Sep 15, 2008
  3. Pascal_TTH

Pascal_TTH

Thank you so much SbM !!!! It works fine now. :D :mrgreen: I was *nearly* sure such a simple hardware can't die so easy. :lol:

Pascal_TTH, Sep 16, 2008
  4. Pascal_TTH

SbM

No problem. I think we should make a sticky note of this on the forum. Could a moderator do that, please?

SbM, Sep 16, 2008
  5. Pascal_TTH

Pascal_TTH

I think it's a good idea beacause this issue seems to be common. It's also my fault, it didn't make much search before. :oops:

Pascal_TTH, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question