Aspire One D250 wont fully charge :(

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by francees, Apr 8, 2010.

1. francees

francees

hi all,so here i go.......Ive have this new Acer Aspire One model D250 for two months and now ive noticed that when i charge the netbook it wont charge till 100% only to 80% last night ive use an recalibrate software for the batery and let the batery run out complety and then recharge it now it go`s till 87% the charg light steys red nver go green anymore :( what could be wrong :(

francees, Apr 8, 2010
  2. francees

Swarvey Moderator

It could potentially be a faulty battery. But I have to ask, which operating system are you using? Windows 7 without the appropriate BIOS upgrade doesn't play well with batteries on the D250 (speaking from experience). Also, have you tried updating the BIOS to the latest spec's?

Swarvey, Apr 8, 2010
  3. francees

Falcomer

I'm also having this problem. My battery does not charge more completely. I'm using ubuntu 9.10. Until yesterday my battery charges 100%, now no longer loads. Francees you could fix?

Falcomer, Apr 19, 2010
  4. francees

ait76

I have had this exact problem with two separate batteries. I managed to fix one of them by doing a couple of cycles of fully discharging the battery and then charging it for 8 hrs.

If you try it, you need to disable any power monitoring that will force the system to shut down or hibernate at a specified battery level as you need to discharge the battery completely each time.

ait76, May 18, 2010
  5. francees

lindegur

Laptops have smart batteries that follow the spec http://sbs-forum.org/. The chip inside the battery-pack does all the things and communicates via I2C (or more preceise SMBus) to the laptop. The smart battery might require a capacity re-learn cycle (see sbs spec) that is typically a full-charge, fulldischarge,
    and repeated to full-charge of the battery pack to preceisly estimate the batteries estimates.

lindegur, May 22, 2010
Ask a Question